- - Sparkle Notes: Halloween and stuff :) -

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Halloween and stuff :)

So I have been taking a break from knitting and crocheting for a little while to work on my Halloween costume. Here is the sketch....

I'm running out of time so I'm not going to be able to make the dress so I'm prob just gonna keep it simple with a tank top and jeans.
I kind of wanted to do a twist the look that they did for Rose McGowan in Grindhouse



I thought it would be kind of hard to walk if I made the machine gun go on my leg plus I didn't just want to copy it. So I decided to go more medieval with it and make a harness that simulated plates of armor with panels of fabric, and have it connect to the machine gun to make it look like it is part of my arm. I finished the harness this weekend...

I know the pics aren't great but I'll put up better ones later, and ignore my lime green pajamas. lol
I have been really nervous about making the machine gun because I have never done anything like that before. But I started it today and it's going pretty well :)

To make the basic shape I used foam like the kind that is used for couch cushions, a paper towel roll, and duct tape

Then, I covered it with paper mache to smooth it all out and get it ready to paint
I think I might need to put another layer of paper mache on top tomorrow, but we'll see how  looks when it's dry.

On another note, there is news about my line of earrings! Another girl from lookbook.nu wore my earrings in one of her looks. This time it was Carrie Bloomwood from Hong Kong




Also I came up with a new design today!

Diamonds really are a girl's best friend :)
Well that's all for now, I'm tired from all this sewing and designing. lol. I'll TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment