- - Sparkle Notes: I know I've been MIA for a while -

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I know I've been MIA for a while

I got the yarn from Vogue to make the new sweater it is this really pretty variegated merino cashmere blend. The yarn is called Symphony and the color is "moss". The funny thing is that it is from Prism Yarns which was founded by Laura Bryant, the same woman that I took a seminar abut designing knitwear from at Vogue Knitting Live! It's weird how everything is coming full circle...

You can't see the cables very well on this one but this shows the color of the yarn better.


My most recent project is for a book that Soho Publishing is coming out with of baby knits made with Cascade 220 Sport Superwash so I submitted some designs yesterday. Here's  a taste....

Usually I'm not into designing children's clothes but I had a really good time with this one :) My favorite part of the presentation though was making the mood board. Check it out!

So, it's been a while since I've written because I have been kinda depressed lately. My birthday passed recently and I thought that I would have accomplished more by the time I reached this age. I graduated almost a year ago and still haven't found a steady job yet. My high school reunion is coming up and it just made me think "What would I even talk to people about if I went?". I couldn't think of much. I'm definitely not going, not because of that but because to me there are only two reasons to go to reunions 1) to pursue unrequited love 2) to rub your success in the face of people who made fun of you. I went to an all-girls school so no unrequited love there and nobody made fun of me sooooo I don't see the point of going.

I think I need to take my own advice though. My sister was freaking out about where her life was going because she is finishing grad school soon. She texted me telling me about how she was anxious and this is the message I sent her back:

"I wouldn't worry about what you are doing with your life. Whether you direct it or not it will go SOMEWHERE. Even if it is a negative experience nothing good can happen in your life without the bad. Just go with the flow, the current will keep you moving".

I was knitting when she texted me so I was feeling particularly pensive, lol. But as she pointed out, it is pretty good advice. I always feel like a failure if I'm not solving world hunger or something but maybe I need to chill out. Anyway, I hope I gave you something to ponder the next time you're knitting :)

2 comments:

  1. Knitting is addictive; it allows us to get in touch with our thoughts and feelings. To bad we can't maintain that clarity when we're not knitting. It's good to know that we can pick up a pair of needles, or a crochet hook, and return to that place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I finish a project, it gives me a great deal of sarisfaction. Wouldn't it be nice if we could knit our lives?

    ReplyDelete