- - Sparkle Notes: Designers don't get holidays, lol -

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Designers don't get holidays, lol

I hope everyone has been enjoying their holidays! Although I took some time out to spend time with friends and family I have still been working hard! My client approved the final sketch so it was time to move onto the next step. I asked him to bring me a cardigan that he liked the fit of so that I could take measurements and plan the new cardigan.

So this is the cardigan he brought, it was really nice. I think it was Ralph Lauren.
After I took the measurements I had to create technical drawings of the new cardigan design in Illustrator.....



This is just a sample of some of the technical drawings that I did. After I did drawings of the entire sweater I had to do one for all the separate pieces with exact measurements. Once I had all that done I had to figure out my gauge (how many stitches and rows it would take to make an inch), then convert all of the measurements into rows and stitches. As you can imagine this process was pretty tedious and time consuming, but it saves you time in the long run because you know the pieces will come out exactly the way you want them to.

At first I was a little intimidated by the size of the sweater. My client used to play football in college so as you can imagine he's a pretty big guy. I'm used to making things for myself which are much smaller, but it is actually going pretty quickly. I already finished the back and will probably be done with one of the halves of the front by tomorrow.

In other news, I am so excited because some of the girls that I sent my earrings to liked them so much that they posted them again with different looks!










Virgit also posted another look on her blog, Preppy Fashionist. I so glad that my fashionistas are enjoying my earrings so much! Well that's all for now, ttyl :)

No comments:

Post a Comment