- - Sparkle Notes: Once upon a time there was a girl named Sparkle.... -

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Once upon a time there was a girl named Sparkle....

 So I finally got the guts to write a blog, I don't even know where to start....I guess you want to know a little bit about me. Well I recently graduated with a major in fashion design and am currently unemployed (like a lot of college grads). So I'm trying not to let it get me down and keep my creativity flowing. Luckily I live in NYC so there is never a shortage of inspiration. I love to connect with other artists and designers to see their unique perspective. Recently I have been indulging my passion for knitting and have been trying to break into the industry. I just got back from Vogue Knitting LIVE and I'm feeling inspired!
My favorite booth was the Mochi Mochi booth done by Anna Hrachovec. It was so cute and creative!
The rainbow with little unicorns was my favorite element of the Mochi Mochi world :)
A monster eating a unicorn = hilarious
They even had a waterfall coming off of the table!

 I took a class an advanced design and construction class with Laura Bryant which was great, super informative. There were a lot of similarities to making sewing patterns which I did for three years in school so I'm pretty psyched to start trying it out. I'll be putting swatches up soon and updating you on my progress! Also I took a class on reversible cables with Iris Schreier. With the technique you can create a cabled scarf that has no wrong side because there are two different cable on either side of the scarf. If it sounds complicated that's because it is, lol. I wouldn't recommend it for beginners or even intermediate knitters really. You have to have a good amount of experience knitting cables and reading charts before you will be able to wrap your mind around it. Well I don't want to bombard you with my first post so I'll leave you for today :)

1 comment:

  1. The monster eating the unicorn is a little morbid, but I like it also. I like the shape and texture. It looks simple, I wonder if was made in one piece, using decreases to create shape. I just want to squish it!

    ReplyDelete