- - Sparkle Notes -

Saturday, February 25, 2012

My mom heard about this meetup that was going on in Massachusetts at Worcester Photo Studios, it was a group photo shoot for aspiring photographers and models. I decided to go to get some pictures of myself in my work and had so much fun! So the studio was this huge room with different set-ups lined up on both sides of the walls. They had all kinds of props that you could shoot with like an ATV and a bathtub. It was so cheap to into the event, it went from 8am to 8pm and I only had to pay $20 and they gave us all pizza! I love New York but there is no way that you would ever find something like that here.

They even had a car!
There were so many awesome photographers there, I felt like a supermodel :) Whenever I started posing all I could see where lights flashing! I got some great shots of my work and my style. So photos of today's look are compliments of last weekend's shoot and here it is....





I made the skirt a couple of summers ago. I had this organic hemp and cotton fabric sitting around and couldn't decide what to do with it. Then one day my boyfriend at the time asked me if I wanted to go to this party and I had nothing to wear so I decided to whip something up!

I wanted to do a simple silhouette with a twist, something sexy but not over-the-top so that if I wanted to wear it during the day I could. So I settled on a chic pencil shirt. I loved the stripes on the fabric so I decided to accentuate them by doing different panels of fabric and changing the orientation of the stripes. To add a little edge and interest I put metal zippers at the princess seams (both zippers are fully functional, they completely separate  to make the skirt really easy to get into). I got the top from a thrift shop in Philadelphia on South Street. I can't remember the name of the shop now, it was a while ago.

Also I got a package from Soho Publishing yesterday....

They sent the yarn that they want me to make the hat for the book out of!

It's so lovely :)
I'm pretty excited to get started, I have a few things to do first though because I am getting ready to go to Miami next week. It is going to be a little bit tricky figuring out the measurements for the hat because I can't really use myself as a model. My hair is way too thick. It would end up being huge on a normal person if I made it to fit me, lol. I'm going to have to borrow friends and family members for this one, but I'm sure I'll figure it out. I always do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment